If you are planning a trip to Nice, France, and you enjoy good drinks and a vibrant nightlife, you’re in for a treat! Nice is home to a variety of fantastic bars that cater to different preferences and budgets. Whether you’re looking for a classy cocktail lounge or a cozy pub, this guide will help you navigate through the best bars in Nice as an absolute beginner.
1. Old Town Bars
The Old Town, or Vieux Nice, is a charming area filled with narrow streets and historic buildings. This neighborhood is a hotspot for bars and offers a unique atmosphere. Here are some notable bars to check out:
- Wayne’s Bar: Known for its friendly staff and affordable drinks, Wayne’s Bar is a popular spot among locals and tourists alike. They offer a wide range of beers and cocktails.
- La Cave de la Tour: A cozy wine bar that offers an extensive selection of wines from the region and beyond. Enjoy a glass of wine while soaking in the ambiance of the Old Town.
- Shapko Bar: If you’re a fan of live music, Shapko Bar is a must-visit. They feature talented musicians playing jazz, blues, and rock music in an intimate setting.
2. Promenade des Anglais Bars
The Promenade des Anglais is a famous waterfront promenade lined with bars and restaurants. It offers stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea and is an excellent place to unwind. Here are a few bars you should explore:
- Le Méridien Terrace Bar: Located at the luxurious Le Méridien hotel, this rooftop bar offers panoramic views of the sea, making it the perfect spot for a sunset cocktail.
- Le Bar du Negresco: Situated in the iconic Negresco Hotel, this bar exudes elegance and opulence. Treat yourself to a glass of champagne while admiring the breathtaking Belle Époque decor.
- L’Univers: A casual beachside bar where you can relax with a refreshing drink and enjoy the sea breeze. L’Univers is especially popular during the summer months.
3. Port Area Bars
If you find yourself near Nice’s bustling port, be sure to check out these bars:
- Le 37 Promenade: With its sleek design and stunning views of the port, Le 37 Promenade is a trendy bar offering a diverse selection of cocktails and spirits.
- BBC – Brown’s Bar & Club: For those seeking a lively atmosphere, BBC is a popular choice. Enjoy live music, DJ sets, and a vibrant dance floor.
- Oxford Arms: If you’re longing for a taste of British pub culture, visit Oxford Arms. This friendly pub serves a variety of beers on tap and traditional pub food.
Exploring the bars of Nice is a fantastic way to experience the local culture and enjoy the city’s vibrant nightlife. Whether you prefer a laid-back wine bar in the Old Town, a glamorous cocktail lounge along the Promenade des Anglais, or a lively pub near the port, Nice has something for everyone.
Remember to pace yourself and drink responsibly. Additionally, don’t be afraid to strike up conversations with locals and fellow travelers – they may have great recommendations for off-the-beaten-path bars that are worth exploring.
Enjoy your time in Nice and cheers to unforgettable evenings in the French Riviera!
Table of Contents